How to De-bug Your Raleigh NC Rental Property Naturally
Summer is just around the corner! With the change in temperature comes beaches, breezes, and unfortunately, bugs. Although many might run immediately to call the exterminator-and others run for their shoes-it might be worth it to think twice before using harsh chemicals in your home. Here are some tips and tricks from Wilson Property Management, one of the top property management companies in Cary NC to rid your rental space of bugs naturally.
- Check your home for holes– Bugs don’t just appear in a home-they invade it! Look around doors and windows to make sure they are properly sealed. If you’re finding gaps between them and the outdoors-no matter which property management companies in Cary NC you’re under-call your leasing office’s maintenance team to close them up for you. If not, you can always take a DIY approach with caulk.
- Look out for leftovers– We at Wilson Property Management, property management Cary NC, want to make sure you’re not leaving out any bread trails for uninvited visitors. By taking out the trash regularly, keeping food on counters locked tight, and sweeping the floor often, you can curb your critter appeal.
- Watch the water– Standing water may as well be a community swimming pool for bugs of all kinds, but especially gnats and mosquitos! Overwatering plants is one of the biggest causes of the accumulation of these insects. Wilson Property Management, one of the best property management companies in Cary NC, recommends researching how much water you should actually be giving your specific type of plant.
- Essential oils and herbs– Many bugs are not a fan of select oils and herbs. Basil, garlic, peppermint, eucalyptus, and cinnamon are all great insect repellants. Simply place orange and lemon zest or slices and dashes of the other choices around the affected areas. You can also use citronella candles and essential oil diffusers. Protip: spiders and mosquitos especially hate citrus!
- Vinegar and dish soap– Mixing these two together in a tall cup will cause flies and ants to drown trying to get to the vinegar at the bottom. Wilson Property Management, along with other property management companies in Cary NC, wants to remind you to be patient with this method, as it can take some time for all the insects to succumb to the mixture.
- Diatomaceous earth– The name might be a mouthful, but the process is simple. Sprinkle the white powder around the area you see the most insect activity. Rejoice.
Wilson Property Management | Property Management Cary NC
We hope these tips and tricks help! Remember, keep these items away from children and pets. If you try these natural remedies yet still find your home overrun by bugs, make sure to contact your leasing office. We want your home to be clean and comfortable! From fully detached homes to college student apartments, Wilson Property Management one of the premier property management companies in Cary NC, has a variety of properties for rent in Raleigh. Ready to find your new home? Contact us today!