The Pros And Cons Of Hiring Movers
So you’ve just signed a new lease with Wilson Property Management LLC and now it’s time to start the packing process to move into your new home! Exciting times, right? But with you and your family’s hectic schedule, the idea of having to pack up your life and move everything can be very stressful and cause a lot of anxiety – will you have everything packed in time, will your stuff break or get messed up in the move, who’s truck will you borrow on moving day, etc. At what point do you throw in the towel and hire movers to do it all for you? There are a lot of things to take into consideration before committing to hiring movers to help you out, including time, money, and the overall logistics of your actual move-in day. WPM housing has put together a list of the pros and cons of hiring a moving company rather than taking on the huge task yourself:
Pros Of Hiring Movers
- Less work than moving yourself – Save yourself the time and hassle of packing up all of your belongings, loading them into a moving truck, then unloading them, and eventually unpacking everything in your new home.
- The movers do all the heavy lifting – This will save you from not only potentially hurting yourself and being sore for days but also from having to bribe your friends or family to help you do the heavy lifting that you can’t handle on your own.
- The movers insure your belongings – This means that they will cover any expenses related to your belongings being damaged in the process of moving. They also do this every day, so they know the best ways to package up fragile items and get them from point A to point B safely and unharmed.
Cons Of Hiring Movers
- You work on their timeline – Hopefully, your movers are as dependable and reliable as your friends at Wilson Property Management LLC when it comes to showing up on time. However, if they are not, you may find yourself waiting and feel like your time and money is being wasted.
- You have less control over how the move goes – This could pose an issue if you are a control freak and want things done your way. If you have a hard time letting others take the lead, then you may want to reconsider hiring movers.
- More costly than moving yourself – Though moving yourself does come with expenses (ie. moving boxes, moving insurance, renting or borrowing a moving van or truck, the cost of fuel, and paying/bribing friends or family), hiring movers comes with a hefty price too. Depending on how many people you need and how far they will have to travel to move your things from point A to point B, prices will vary.
Wilson Property Management LLC
The bottom line is that whether you decide to move by yourself, bribe friends and family for help, or hire movers to move your things, making the decision should be about what works best and makes the most sense for you. Just be sure to consider the time, money, and logistics that will go into making your move successful and as stress-free as possible. Contact WPM housing to learn more about the properties we have available that are move-in ready today!